Batman mesh using 802.11ac / QCA9880

Marcel Hecko

Hi everyone - we are currently getting ready to build a medium-sized mesh network using PC Engines APUs and BATMAN and would like to go with 802.11ac radios for the mesh backbone bit.

We would like to go with QCA9882 chipset MiniPCI Express cards and separate radio for clients using AR9580 (possibly the RouterBoard MiniPCI Express Cards)

Does anyone have any specific experience with using 802.11ac with Voyage, BATMAN or APUs in general?
Is there any good alternative to using the rather expensive MiniPCI cards from RouterBoard?

Thanks!

Re: Batman mesh using 802.11ac / QCA9880

babajaga

Looks like the Routerboard module, but cheaper.
You really need the APU ? An openwrt-based system will be cheaper. I used APU for "home-server", openwrt for special apps.