Building Voyage: resulting ISO does not boot

Building Voyage: resulting ISO does not boot

Roel Huybrechts
Dear list,

I'm trying to build the Voyage Linux distribution using the Debian Live
configuration provided in SVN [0]. After issuing the command 'build.sh
iso' as root the building starts and finishes successfully - from my
point of view that is.

However, the resulting 'voyage-current.iso' image fails to boot (in
Qemu) with the error "Could not find kernel image: live".

Is this an issue in the build configuration or lies the problem
elsewhere in my setup (I'm using an Ubuntu 9.10 system)?

If you need more information, please feel free to ask.

[0]: http://svn.voyage.hk/repos/voyage/trunk/voyage-live

Kindest regards,

Roel Huybrechts

Re: Building Voyage: resulting ISO does not boot

Punky Tse-2
Hi Roel,

I have build the live ISO under VMWare with Voyage SDK.  And the
generated ISO is bootable.

What is the live-helper version on ubuntu?

Regards,
Punky

Roel Huybrechts wrote:

> Dear list,
>

> I'm trying to build the Voyage Linux distribution using the Debian Live
> configuration provided in SVN [0]. After issuing the command 'build.sh
> iso' as root the building starts and finishes successfully - from my
> point of view that is.
>
> However, the resulting 'voyage-current.iso' image fails to boot (in
> Qemu) with the error "Could not find kernel image: live".
>
> Is this an issue in the build configuration or lies the problem
> elsewhere in my setup (I'm using an Ubuntu 9.10 system)?
>
> If you need more information, please feel free to ask.
>
> [0]: http://svn.voyage.hk/repos/voyage/trunk/voyage-live
>

> Kindest regards,
>
> Roel Huybrechts

Re: Building Voyage: resulting ISO does not boot

Roel Huybrechts
Hi,

My Ubuntu uses live-helper version 1.0.5-1. I'm downloading the SDK now,
as I understand that is the preferred way of building Voyage. I'll test
with the SDK later this week.

Thanks,
Roel