Daily is now Debian Jessie

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Hi all,

As Debian Jessie 8.0 has been frozen since last Nov [1] [2], Voyage Linux and MPD daily built is now changed to Jessie.
In addition, distribution tarball is now with extension .tar.xz, instead of .tar.bz2, to opt for higher compression rate.

A new Voyage Linux and MPD will be released soon after Jessie is released.  While there is no official release date for
Jessie, please stay tuned.

Please join us to test Voyage Linux daily based on Jessie.  Thanks.

[1] https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2014/15/#Freezing
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJessie

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: Daily is now Debian Jessie

chris hermansen
Punky and list,

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Kim-man 'Punky' TSE <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

As Debian Jessie 8.0 has been frozen since last Nov [1] [2], Voyage Linux and MPD daily built is now changed to Jessie.  In addition, distribution tarball is now with extension .tar.xz, instead of .tar.bz2, to opt for higher compression rate.

A new Voyage Linux and MPD will be released soon after Jessie is released.  While there is no official release date for Jessie, please stay tuned.

Please join us to test Voyage Linux daily based on Jessie.  Thanks.

[1] https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2014/15/#Freezing
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJessie

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
  - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Does this include MuBox?  I visited the link there and it says something about last update being in 2013.

Plus my CuBoxi-4 which is up to date seems to be running Deb7.

Thanks!

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.

Re: Daily is now Debian Jessie

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Hi Chris,

MuBox has no daily.  It would be updated to jessie after Voyage Linux and MPD.

Regards,
Punky

On 3/17/2015 9:14 AM, chris hermansen wrote:

> Punky and list,
>
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Kim-man 'Punky' TSE <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     As Debian Jessie 8.0 has been frozen since last Nov [1] [2], Voyage Linux and MPD daily built is now changed to
>     Jessie.  In addition, distribution tarball is now with extension .tar.xz, instead of .tar.bz2, to opt for higher
>     compression rate.
>
>     A new Voyage Linux and MPD will be released soon after Jessie is released.  While there is no official release
>     date for Jessie, please stay tuned.
>
>     Please join us to test Voyage Linux daily based on Jessie.  Thanks.
>
>     [1] https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2014/15/#Freezing
>     [2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJessie
>
>     --
>     Regards,
>     Kim-man "Punky" Tse
>
>     * Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
>       - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
>       - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
>       - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
>     * Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)
>

> Does this include MuBox?  I visited the link there and it says something about last update being in 2013.
>
> Plus my CuBoxi-4 which is up to date seems to be running Deb7.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com
>
> C'est ma façon de parler.

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: Daily is now Debian Jessie

chris hermansen
Ok!  Any wild guesses as to when that may be?

(I should mention that I am 100% satisfied with Mubox the way it is, thank you VERY MUCH, but also very willing to test something new).

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Kim-man 'Punky' TSE <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

As far as I know there is no planned date for jessie.  But jessie is now RC1.

Honestly, I am also satisfied with wheezy and MPD 0.17.6.  Jessie will update MPD to 0.19.x, which has more features.

Regards,
Punky