Debian with readonly root

Rainer Stratmann
Is it possible to make a Debian system with readonly root like voyage?

I would like to have full debian functionallity (GUI not needed).

There is enough memory available.

But it should remain an embedded system.

What is necessary for that?

Re: Debian with readonly root

angler31
Rainer Stratmann wrote
Is it possible to make a Debian system with readonly root like voyage?

I would like to have full debian functionallity (GUI not needed).

There is enough memory available.

But it should remain an embedded system.

What is necessary for that?
What's preventing you from installing Voyage and then adding all the packages you need?

Maybe disable the manpage removal script, but that's about it.