Does a MIMO Antena work with 802.11a clients and can you use both polarization?

Does a MIMO Antena work with 802.11a clients and can you use both polarization?

Beat Meier-3
Hello

I have to change my sector antena.
I'm looking to put a MIMO based sector antena 4.9-5.8GHz (L-COM
Hg4958-17dp) but I have no MIMO clients.
My questions:
  Is it possible to use normal 802.11a clients
And if so is it also possible to use some clients with horizontal
polarization and other with vertical polarization?

I need to upgrade urgently so any information would be really helpful

Greetings

Beat