FSCK No such file or directory on startup.

FSCK No such file or directory on startup.

Richard Warburton
Hi,

I have a PCEngines APU running Voyage Linux Version: 0.10.0 on an sd card.

I enabled fsck at startup (setting FSCKFIX=yes in /etc/default/rcS) as I've disabled remounting as readonly in /etc/init.d/voyage-util.

However I see during startup connect via serial:
Begin: Checking root file system ... fsck from util-linux 2.25.2
fsck: error 2 (No such file or directory) while executing fsck.ext2 for /dev/sda1
fsck exited with status code 8
Warning: File system check failed but did not detect errors

This is strange as from the command line I can switch the filesystem to read only and fsck /dev/sda1 just fine.  Mount point entry says:
/dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime,errors=continue)

Any solutions or pointers appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Richard Warburton - MSc(Hons), PGDipSci, BE(Hons) +64 9 377-2881 ext 9
Skagerrak Software - Senior Developer - http://www.skagerraksoftware.com/