How to put Music Files into Playlist

Fai Chi
Hello Punky,

I have a PC including 2pcs of Hard Disk connecting by SATA cables. One hard disk has been installed only Voyage MPD 0.10.0. Another is only for storage Music Files. After updating the Database, there is no showing any Music Files showing in Playlist. My question is how to put the Music Files into the Playlist for playing. As i'm just a Linux beginner, i don't know Linux Commands. Please lead me the way what Commands i shall use.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Lung

Re: How to put Music Files into Playlist

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Hi Lung,

Make you did the following:

1. make sure your 2nd disk (which hold your music) was mounted - check /etc/fstab entries, and command "df -h"
2. make sure /var/lib/mpd/muisc point to your 2nd disk, you need "ln -s" command to create symlink.

On 8/3/2015 6:45 PM, Fai Chi wrote:

> Hello Punky,
>
> I have a PC including 2pcs of Hard Disk connecting by SATA cables. One hard disk has been installed only Voyage MPD
> 0.10.0. Another is only for storage Music Files. After updating the Database, there is no showing any Music Files
> showing in Playlist. My question is how to put the Music Files into the Playlist for playing. As i'm just a Linux
> beginner, i don't know Linux Commands. Please lead me the way what Commands i shall use.
>
> Thank you for your help in advance,
>
> Lung

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: How to put Music Files into Playlist

chris hermansen

Also make sure that mpd can at least read the directory tree and files.

Regards, Chris Hermansen