Kernel 3.18? (support for Asus Xonar Essence STX II)

Kernel 3.18? (support for Asus Xonar Essence STX II)

FoLLgoTT
Hello,
I have a Xonar Essence STX II and it is supported since kernel 3.18. May I
ask when there will be the next release of Voyage MPD and when will this
kernel be included?

I tried to install the ALSA kernel module manually with the following
script, but I failed.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Driver_Compilation

I'm a linux noob and don't know what I need to change in the script to
make it work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

best regards
Nils

Re: Kernel 3.18? (support for Asus Xonar Essence STX II)

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2

> Hello,
> I have a Xonar Essence STX II and it is supported since kernel 3.18. May I
> ask when there will be the next release of Voyage MPD and when will this
> kernel be included?
Hi Nils,

The supported driver, snd-virtuoso, should be included in Voyage MPD 0.10.0.  Please test if it works or not.

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)