MQA configuration

Kenneth Mayne
I just got a CF card with Voyage MPD 0.9.5 for ALIX / Starter Kit 1.0 (4GB). And, it works great!
Then, having read about the new MQA technology (Master Quality Authenticated) I  got a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC with MQA decoder.  I downloaded free MQA music files from 2L and started playing music.  Voyage MPD immediately worked.   But, the sound was CD quality and the decoder promises 192 kHz quality (indicated by a blue light that did not light as it should have).  I would like to hear for myself what others are writing about.  I could use some help configuring mpd.conf to play the new MQA but I don't know what to do.
Sincerely yours,
Kenny

Re: MQA configuration

Muffinman
Hello Kenny,

Interesting product you've got!! On the other hand also a bit depressing because this means that there is less incentive for Meridian to release a Linux MQA decoder (assuming that's possible). Anyways, that's not your problem since you've already got an MQA capable Meridian DAC.

As for your problem:
- How is MPD configured? What is in the audio_output section with 'alsa' as type (assuming there is any)?
- Outside the audio_output section, is there the setting audio_output_format, replaygain, volume_normalization specified (uncommented)? Perhaps any other settings which may reformat the audio stream (messing with volume, sample/bitrate)?

Let us know if you get it to work, would surely be interested.

Kind regards, Maarten