Migrating to full debian

Rainer Stratmann
Hello,

Punky is not responding for a long time here.

There is an issue I need a solution for. See the post from 02. July 2017,
/proc/mtrr is not available.

Is someone here who knows how to adapt a standard debian so that it behaves
like voyage?

The most important is to have a save read only file system.
May be it is not difficult to set up a debian system and modify it then.

best regards

Re: Migrating to full debian

Richard Owlett
On 05/13/2018 02:25 PM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Punky is not responding for a long time here.
>
> There is an issue I need a solution for. See the post from 02. July 2017,
> /proc/mtrr is not available.

I can't find that post.
Could you fill us in.
I've been using Debian since Squeeze and don't recall why I subscribed
to this list ;
Be happy to help, if I can.

> Is someone here who knows how to adapt a standard debian so that it behaves
> like voyage?
>
> The most important is to have a save read only file system.
> May be it is not difficult to set up a debian system and modify it then.
>
> best regards

Re: Migrating to full debian

Rainer Stratmann

The post was:

/proc/mtrr is not available

I need it for accelerating the framebuffer.
https://gddd.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/ad/

It is compiled in the kernel.
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTRR_and_PAT

Do you use debian as your embedded system?

Am Sonntag, 13. Mai 2018, 20:19:51 schrieb Richard Owlett:

> On 05/13/2018 02:25 PM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Punky is not responding for a long time here.
> >
> > There is an issue I need a solution for. See the post from 02. July 2017,
> > /proc/mtrr is not available.
>
> I can't find that post.
> Could you fill us in.
> I've been using Debian since Squeeze and don't recall why I subscribed
> to this list ;
> Be happy to help, if I can.
>
> > Is someone here who knows how to adapt a standard debian so that it
> > behaves
> > like voyage?
> >
> > The most important is to have a save read only file system.
> > May be it is not difficult to set up a debian system and modify it then.
> >
> > best regards

Re: Migrating to full debian

Bruce A. Johnson
Is the issue that you want to use Debian and have a read-only
filesystem, or is it that /proc/mtrr isn't available in the Voyage
build? If it's the latter, this seems to be an appropriate forum to ask
how to enable it in the Voyage build. If it's that you want to build
Debian and include some portion of it in a read-only filesystem, then
there must be some Debian discussion list about building and customizing
Debian that would be a better venue.

--
Bruce A. Johnson
Herndon, Virginia

On 2018-05-14 10:40, Rainer Stratmann wrote:

> The post was:
>
> /proc/mtrr is not available
>
> I need it for accelerating the framebuffer.
> https://gddd.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/ad/
>
> It is compiled in the kernel.
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTRR_and_PAT
>

> Do you use debian as your embedded system?
>

> Am Sonntag, 13. Mai 2018, 20:19:51 schrieb Richard Owlett:
>> On 05/13/2018 02:25 PM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Punky is not responding for a long time here.
>>>
>>> There is an issue I need a solution for. See the post from 02. July 2017,
>>> /proc/mtrr is not available.
>> I can't find that post.
>> Could you fill us in.
>> I've been using Debian since Squeeze and don't recall why I subscribed
>> to this list ;
>> Be happy to help, if I can.
>>
>>> Is someone here who knows how to adapt a standard debian so that it
>>> behaves
>>> like voyage?
>>>
>>> The most important is to have a save read only file system.
>>> May be it is not difficult to set up a debian system and modify it then.
>>>
>>> best regards

Re: Migrating to full debian

Richard Owlett
On 05/14/2018 09:40 AM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:

> The post was:
>
> /proc/mtrr is not available
>
> I need it for accelerating the framebuffer.
> https://gddd.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/ad/
>
> It is compiled in the kernel.
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTRR_and_PAT
>

> Do you use debian as your embedded system?

I don't have an embedded system.
You might want to ask over on [hidden email] .
HTH