MuBOX Respberry Pi 2 cifs error

Joseph Chu
Hello,
i just created mubox sd for my Pi2 using the installation shell script download from mubox, but i found it cannot mount the samba share from my NAS which i have no problem with MuBox on Cubieboard2 that i am currently using.

in dmesg i found "CIFS VFS: Malformed UNC in devname" shown in the log.
i try many times but still cannot get it works.

please help, thanks!
Joseph

Re: MuBOX Respberry Pi 2 cifs error

Punky Tse-2
On 4/4/2015 3:47 PM, Joseph Chu wrote:
> in dmesg i found "CIFS VFS: Malformed UNC in devname" shown in the log.
Can you show what mount point you typed in /etc/fstab?

I recalled it changed the format, or please check:

http://mubox.voyage.hk/sambamount

(I seldom use samba, so may be above is obsolete too)

Regards,
Punky

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: MuBOX Respberry Pi 2 cifs error

Joseph Chu
Hello Punky,

i put the following in /etc/fstab
192.168.101.40:/media/music /mnt/nas cifs username=xxx,password=xxx,file_m
ode=0644,dir_mode=0755,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Joseph

On 5 April 2015 at 10:51, Punky Tse <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/4/2015 3:47 PM, Joseph Chu wrote:
in dmesg i found "CIFS VFS: Malformed UNC in devname" shown in the log.
Can you show what mount point you typed in /etc/fstab?

I recalled it changed the format, or please check:

http://mubox.voyage.hk/sambamount

(I seldom use samba, so may be above is obsolete too)

Regards,
Punky

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
  - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: MuBOX Respberry Pi 2 cifs error

Joseph Chu
Hello Punky,

i tried NFS from the same NAS and same mount point and there is no problem.

Joseph

On 5 April 2015 at 12:36, Joseph Chu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Try using:

//192.168.101.40/media/music

as devname