Mubox RPI distorted USB out sound

Derek Roach
I hooked Mubox for RPI to a Hegel HD12 for a friend via USB but the sound
is badly distorted.Pi is a B.

I followed the instructions on the Mubox for Pi page but no luck. I then
mounted Volumio 1.51 and that played fine out of the box. Would prefer to
use Voyage - what can I try?

Re: Mubox RPI distorted USB out sound

Punky Tse-2
On 3/30/2015 10:52 AM, Derek wrote:
> I hooked Mubox for RPI to a Hegel HD12 for a friend via USB but the sound
> is badly distorted.Pi is a B.
B or B+?  I don't prefer older B board as it is underpower and faulty
designed USB.  That's why I don't port MPD to MuBox at first, but only
until late 2014 there is a I2S solution and 2B and B+ board.

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: Mubox RPI distorted USB out sound

Derek Roach
Was a B. The two units (RPI and DAC) belong to a friend and I was not where I could try a B+ so I will try to borrow them from him and try the B+ and Chris' queries.

Thanks for the quick response.

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 20:25, Punky Tse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 3/30/2015 10:52 AM, Derek wrote:
>> I hooked Mubox for RPI to a Hegel HD12 for a friend via USB but the sound
>> is badly distorted.Pi is a B.
> B or B+?  I don't prefer older B board as it is underpower and faulty designed USB.  That's why I don't port MPD to MuBox at first, but only until late 2014 there is a I2S solution and 2B and B+ board.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Kim-man "Punky" Tse
>
> * Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
>  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
>  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
>  - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
> * Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Re: Mubox RPI distorted USB out sound

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Hi Derek,

May be you check "cat /proc/cmdline" in Volumio to see what kernel parameter is used then port the same to MuBox RPI's
/boot/cmdline.

I would suggest you to forget USB DAC on B.  The hardware is not optimized for this purpose.

On 3/31/2015 8:28 AM, Protech Security Ltd wrote:

> Was a B. The two units (RPI and DAC) belong to a friend and I was not where I could try a B+ so I will try to borrow them from him and try the B+ and Chris' queries.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>

>> On Mar 30, 2015, at 20:25, Punky Tse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/30/2015 10:52 AM, Derek wrote:
>>> I hooked Mubox for RPI to a Hegel HD12 for a friend via USB but the sound
>>> is badly distorted.Pi is a B.
>> B or B+?  I don't prefer older B board as it is underpower and faulty designed USB.  That's why I don't port MPD to MuBox at first, but only until late 2014 there is a I2S solution and 2B and B+ board.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kim-man "Punky" Tse
>>
>> * Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
>>   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
>>   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
>>   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
>> * Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)

date/time

Ingo Herz
Hi,

since a power failure yesterday I have a date/time problem that drives
me crazy: I can't set system date and time via comandline or ntpdate
anymore. The system date is somehow one day forward and I can't get it
backward. Voyage version is 0.8.5 and hardware an ALIX. hwclock is fine,
but can't set system time, too. Here are some comands to see what happens:

> root@voyage:/etc# date
> Sa 4. Apr 19:55:05 CEST 2015
> root@voyage:/etc# date 04031830
> Fr 3. Apr 18:30:00 CEST 2015
> root@voyage:/etc# date
> Sa 4. Apr 19:55:15 CEST 2015
> root@voyage:/etc# hwclock --hctosys --debug
> hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
> Using /dev interface to clock.
> Last drift adjustment done at 1428083460 seconds after 1969
> Last calibration done at 1428083460 seconds after 1969
> Hardware clock is on UTC time
> Assuming hardware clock is kept in UTC time.
> Waiting for clock tick...
> /dev/rtc does not have interrupt functions. Waiting in loop for time
> from /dev/rtc to change
> ...got clock tick
> Time read from Hardware Clock: 2015/04/03 17:52:12
> Hw clock time : 2015/04/03 17:52:12 = 1428083532 seconds since 1969
> Calling settimeofday:
>     tv.tv_sec = 1428083532, tv.tv_usec = 0
>     tz.tz_minuteswest = -120
> root@voyage:/etc# date