Planning new MPD version with Kernel version 4

Planning new MPD version with Kernel version 4

Cor van Zundert

Dear music fans,

What is the planning for the new MPD with Kernel version 4 ?

I am using a HifaceTwo module which is giving USB errors after playing some songs
and it appears a combination problem between my Asus EEE hardware and kernel version 3.

I hope the new version will offer a solution form y problem.

Thanks in advance,

Cor van Zundert (The Netherlands).

Re: Planning new MPD version with Kernel version 4

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Although I don't think linux kernel 4.x could solve your problem.  But you can try the daily, which is with 4.1.x now.

Or you can install the 4.1 kernel .deb which could be downloaded from http://www.voyage.hk/dists/experimental/linux/

Regards,
Punky

On 2/1/2016 7:43 PM, Cor van Zundert wrote:

> Dear music fans,
>
> What is the planning for the new MPD with Kernel version 4 ?
>
> I am using a HifaceTwo module which is giving USB errors after playing some songs
> and it appears a combination problem between my Asus EEE hardware and kernel version 3.
>
> I hope the new version will offer a solution form y problem.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cor van Zundert (The Netherlands).

Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)