Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Thomas Maxwell
I would appreciate any help and guidance on the following issues.

I am trying to install MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE to
serve as a dedicated headphone music player (Sonata+MPD). This mini-PC
has a 4 Gig internal embedded MultiMediaCard storage (/dev/mmcblk0) and
an Intel ValleyView Gen7 HD Graphics Device.

i.  If I do a full install of Debian 8.0 all works fine (I can install
the OS on the eMMC storage and have full video)

ii.  When I try to install MPD, I (a) cannot detect the eMMC, and (b)
cannot get Xorg to work (all I get following a start of Xorg is a
completely blank screen.  If I use a HDD (instead of the eMMC) , I can
install a console version MPD (but no graphics)

What do I need to do to (i) get MPD to recognize the eMMC and (ii) get
Xorg to work.

Thanks -- Tom

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
On 5/9/2015 3:03 AM, Tom Maxwell wrote:
> If I use a HDD (instead of the eMMC) , I can install a console version
> MPD (but no graphics)
>
> What do I need to do to (i) get MPD to recognize the eMMC and (ii) get
> Xorg to work.
If you install MPD successfully, there is only text console.

To get eMMC and Xorg, the best method is to install stock debian kernel
(i.e. linux-image-486 or linux-image-686-pae) for jessie.

Voyage (Linux and MPD) kernel is trimmed down.  So many latest features
may not included.

--

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)


_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Thomas Maxwell
Punky Tse <punkytse@...> writes:

>
> On 5/9/2015 3:03 AM, Tom Maxwell wrote:
> > If I use a HDD (instead of the eMMC) , I can install a console version
> > MPD (but no graphics)
> >
> > What do I need to do to (i) get MPD to recognize the eMMC and (ii) get
> > Xorg to work.
> If you install MPD successfully, there is only text console.
>
> To get eMMC and Xorg, the best method is to install stock debian kernel
> (i.e. linux-image-486 or linux-image-686-pae) for jessie.
>
> Voyage (Linux and MPD) kernel is trimmed down.  So many latest features
> may not included.
>


Thanks Punky -- I sort of expected that would be the case.

I had hoped to be able to use MPD on account of its audio focus.  Is there
any way I can load a driver into the Kernel?

If not, what changes would you suggest to Debian 8.0 to bring it closer to
MPD -- rt kernel, changes to MPD... ?

Regards -- Tom


_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Hi Tom,
> I had hoped to be able to use MPD on account of its audio focus.  Is there
> any way I can load a driver into the Kernel?
>
> If not, what changes would you suggest to Debian 8.0 to bring it closer to
> MPD -- rt kernel, changes to MPD... ?
On your system with debian 8.0 or using debian stock kernel, can you send me the output of "lsmod"?

This way I could know the kernel drivers being used in your system and I can enable those driver in the next Voyage
Linux/MPD versions.

--
Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)


_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Thomas Maxwell
Kim-man 'Punky' TSE <punkytse@...> writes:

>
> Hi Tom,
> > I had hoped to be able to use MPD on account of its audio focus.  Is there
> > any way I can load a driver into the Kernel?
> >
> > If not, what changes would you suggest to Debian 8.0 to bring it closer to
> > MPD -- rt kernel, changes to MPD... ?
> On your system with debian 8.0 or using debian stock kernel, can you send
me the output of "lsmod"?
>
> This way I could know the kernel drivers being used in your system and I
can enable those driver in the next
> Voyage
> Linux/MPD versions.
>

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE
I had to send it as a seperate e-mail (my forum post was rejected)

Just checking that you got it OK

Regards -- Tom




_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems installing MPD 0.10.0 on an Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE-2
Yes I got your lsmod output.  Will try to add to latest voyage kernels. Thanks.
> Kim-man 'Punky' TSE
> I had to send it as a seperate e-mail (my forum post was rejected)
>
> Just checking that you got it OK
>
> Regards -- Tom

--
Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)


_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux