Re: Install problem: "current/dev/sdb/ does not exist"

Re: Install problem: "current/dev/sdb/ does not exist"

Darshaka Pathirana
Hi!

On 11/14/2009 03:26 PM, Antti Turunen wrote:

> I am installing Voyage current (14 Nov 09) to a CF disk (for ALIX), like
> I have done many times before.
>
> In the last step the voyage.update says:
> "sfdisk: bad input
> mount: special device /dev/sdb1 does not exist

Hmm. Can you manually mount /dev/sdb1 (after mkfs.ext2)?

What does:

# cat /proc/partitions

and

# ls -l /dev/sd*

show?

Is udev running?

Greetings,
 - Darsha

Re: Install problem: "current/dev/sdb/ does not exist"

Antti Turunen
Thanks!

This was something rotten in the CF or my fdisk driving skills. :)

After preparing the CF with Gnome Partition Editor everything worked OK.

Anttu