Symbolic link to a resolv.conf

Teco Boot
I installed the daily snapshot of November 18th.
A link to resolv.conf was missing.
Console log during startup:

  Setting up resolvconf.../etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc:
  Warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link to
  /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
  done.
  Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.
  /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: Warning: /etc/resolv.conf
  is not a symbolic link to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

I added the link:
  Voyage-18nov:/etc# ls -l resolv.conf
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jan  1  2000 resolv.conf ->
/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

Now it is OK:
  Setting up resolvconf...done.
  Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.

Thanks, Teco

Re: Symbolic link to a resolv.conf

Punky Tse-2
Hi Teco,

This error should only appears if you run Live CD but not from a
installed distribution to CF/disk.  You should notice a message
"Reconfiguring resolvconf" when copying files to disk in voyage.update.

It is now fixed in the latest daily.  voyage-sync will reconfigure
resolvconf if the link is missing.  Thanks for reporting that.

Regards,
Punky

Teco Boot wrote:

> I installed the daily snapshot of November 18th.
> A link to resolv.conf was missing.
> Console log during startup:
>
>   Setting up resolvconf.../etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc:
>   Warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link to
>   /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
>   done.
>   Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.
>   /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: Warning: /etc/resolv.conf
>   is not a symbolic link to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
>

> I added the link:
>   Voyage-18nov:/etc# ls -l resolv.conf
>   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jan  1  2000 resolv.conf ->
> /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
>
> Now it is OK:
>   Setting up resolvconf...done.
>   Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.
>

> Thanks, Teco

Punky

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
  - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation