Will an MQA decoder become available in Voyage MPD ??

Will an MQA decoder become available in Voyage MPD ??

Cor van Zundert

Dear all,

As I have read, we may expect great sound improvements of MQA
and the good news is that this implementation is made in software.

I am looking forward to the day that MQA will be implemented in Voyage MPD.

Regards,

Cor van Zundert.

Re: Will an MQA decoder become available in Voyage MPD ??

chris hermansen

Cor and everyone,

MQA is patented closed source and the decoding technology must be licensed from its creators.

Just when we have a great selection of music in open formats without any kind of restriction on the decoding, and a great selection of players that can play those open formats.

Effectively MQA is DRM. If you don't have a licensed decoder you can't get the full benefit.

What a disappointment. Please don't support MQA.

Chris Hermansen