Writable dirs and permissions

angler
   Hello,
I need to have /var/lib/php5 writable, so I added it to VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS,
only I don't know how can't change its ownership. Moreover, if I change it
manually, it apparently reverses to root:root/755 after a while.
Any suggestion will be welcome.

RE: Writable dirs and permissions

Hofer, Hermann
Hi angler,

this is fixed in experimental: http://mirror.voyage.hk/dists/experimental/voyage-util/voyage-util_0.7-1_all.deb

>From this package you can use the updated script 'voyage-sync'. Please take care if this newer version is working with your installation.

regards,
 Hermann

RE: Writable dirs and permissions

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue
Hey Hermann,

I see there have been a few patches appleid to the voyage-sync script this
past week, does this solve the challenge that we were discussing last week
with syncing the files after the power has been pulled?

Cheers,

Rob

RE: Writable dirs and permissions

Hofer, Hermann
Hi Rob,

no it doesn't, sync after power loss (if necessary) is on my to-do list (maybe this weekend). I will send it to you for testing as soon as possible.

regards,
 Hermann

care if this newer version is working with your installation.

regards,
 Hermann

RE: Writable dirs and permissions

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue
Sure thing Hermann, that sounds great, take your time. I'll be happy to test
anything you happen to come up with.

Regards,

Rob

care if this newer version is working with your installation.

regards,
 Hermann

RE: Writable dirs and permissions

angler