aufs.

n schembr
Hello,

It's been a while since I have run voyage linux on my router sized hardware. My boss asked me to keep it all on ubuntu.  I used the voyage idea and aufs to build a ubuntu server load on flash.  I now see that voyage is moving away from aufs.

Did anyone have issues?  and what?

Is the replacement in 6.2 "tmpfs" going back to symbolic links for files that need write access?

or

how is tmpfs being used?

Thank you for your time,

Nicholas A. Schembri
Pittsburgh PA USA

Ps.  Keep up the great work.  When will this project show up on distrowatch.com? :)

Re: aufs.

Albert Lash
> I now see that
> voyage is moving away from aufs.
>
> Did anyone have issues?  and what?
>
> Is the replacement in 6.2 "tmpfs" going back to symbolic links for files
> that need write access?
>
> or
>
> how is tmpfs being used?

Huh, I didn't know that voyage is moving away from aufs. I've had great
experience with aufs on "nodows" and beyond that only read good things
about it.

I just happened to visit the aufs patch page this week and noticed all the
works is getting done on aufs2. Could that be the reason? Will Voyage use
aufs2 when its ready?

- Albert

--
http://www.docunext.com/

Re: aufs.

Punky Tse-2
Hi Alert,

For directories that needs write access while disk is on read-only,
tmpfs is now the default although you can change back to aufs.

BTW, aufs is still used in live cd.  Voyage Linux will certainly use
aufs2 as long as it lands on debian .

Regards,
Punky

Albert Lash wrote:

> Huh, I didn't know that voyage is moving away from aufs. I've had great
> experience with aufs on "nodows" and beyond that only read good things
> about it.
>
> I just happened to visit the aufs patch page this week and noticed all the
> works is getting done on aufs2. Could that be the reason? Will Voyage use
> aufs2 when its ready?
>
> - Albert

Punky

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
  - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation