fsck fails during boot

Erik van Linstee
When booting Voyage 0.10 and 0.11 fsck fails. I have tried several suggestions found with the help of Google, but nothing helped. Hopefully someone how knows how to build Voyage can find out more about which file or directory is missing exactly.
The exact message on my APU 1D (same message, different dev on APU 2C2) is:

Begin: Will now check root file system ... fsck from util-linux 2.25.2
fsck: error 2 (No such file or directory) while executing fsck.ext2 for /dev/sda2
fsck exited with status code 8
done.
Warning: File system check failed but did not detect errors