live-helper

Alvaro _
Hello guys,

I'm trying to strip down Voyage to fit it on my 128 Flash drive,

I've installed voyage SDK 6.2 on my Vbox and got the latest debian-live
config from the voyage subversion repository:

Now, according to the live-helper manual I can change the package
selection by editing the lists in "chroot_local-packageslists", on
voyage there are 3 of them 'voyage', 'voyage-cd' and 'voyage-sdk'

I've commented out most of the packages (which I don't need) but after
building the ISO I still get huge list of packages that were not in the
list in the first place. Is there any other list of packages or are
those just dependencies ?

Has someone fitted voyage in less 128 Mbytes, can it be done ?

Thanks,

Alvaro.

Re: live-helper

Punky Tse-2
Hi Alvaro,

If voyage 0.6.2 or voyage daily tarball distro does not fit 128MB CF,
please let me know.  I've tested with 128MB CF without problem.  But of
course, you don't have disk spaces to run apt-get update.  After distro
intro install, my 128 CF still have ~30MB free.

Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1               124063     84097     33560  72% /mnt/cf

But if you are asking for further strip down of Voyage, it is another
story.  And yes, package dependencies is  why voyage can't be further
stripped.

Regards,
Punky

Alvaro Jimenez wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to strip down Voyage to fit it on my 128 Flash drive,
>
> I've installed voyage SDK 6.2 on my Vbox and got the latest
> debian-live config from the voyage subversion repository:
>
> Now, according to the live-helper manual I can change the package
> selection by editing the lists in "chroot_local-packageslists", on
> voyage there are 3 of them 'voyage', 'voyage-cd' and 'voyage-sdk'
>
> I've commented out most of the packages (which I don't need) but after
> building the ISO I still get huge list of packages that were not in
> the list in the first place. Is there any other list of packages or
> are those just dependencies ?
>
> Has someone fitted voyage in less 128 Mbytes, can it be done ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alvaro.

Punky

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
  - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation

Re: live-helper

Sean-4
Voyage 0.5.2 fits in 128MB. Not sure about 0.6.x.

Sean