load balabce router

tux john
hello everyone?
has anyone a working solution for load balance router/failover with voyage linux?

Re: load balabce router

Arun Khan
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM, tux john <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello everyone?
> has anyone a working solution for load balance router/failover with voyage
> linux?

While this is possible with most Linux distros, you need to have
fundamental concepts of routing and iptables.  Take a look at Linux
Advanced Routing and Traffic Control http://www.lartc.org/.

Alternately, consider distros like Zeroshell, Zentyal, that have this
functionality built in with a nice Web Admin interface.

-- Arun Khan

Re: load balabce router

tux john
Hi. being honest with i have seen the lartc website and i have gone through its guides.
i have created a router in ALIX but the traffic travels only from one wan connection.
i would appreciate if there is a ready working solution for LINUX only. i have to run a few things in that box as well, instead of going to troubleshoot the existing one which will take a lot of effort.

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 at 7:41 AM
From: "Arun Khan" <[hidden email]>
To: "voyage_linux list" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] load balabce router

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:15 AM, tux john <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi. being honest with i have seen the lartc website and i have gone through
> its guides.
> i have created a router in ALIX but the traffic travels only from one wan
> connection.

Great.

> i would appreciate if there is a ready working solution for LINUX only. i
> have to run a few things in that box as well, instead of going to
> troubleshoot the existing one which will take a lot of effort.

Please read my post, I have mentioned Zeroshell in there.  There is
pfsense (based on FreeBSD).   These distros have a small foot print
(ideal for your ALIX box) and designed with router/fw/proxy server
functionality.  As with anything new, you *will* have to spend time
learning how they work.

-- Arun Khan

Re: load balabce router

tux john

Thanks for the reply. i have seen zeroshell and pfsense.
i am afraid it does not help me with the rest of the software that i need to run on the same box. i do need to run some custom made software designed for debian.
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 at 4:59 PM
From: "Arun Khan" <[hidden email]>
To: "voyage_linux list" <[hidden email]>
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:15 AM, tux john <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi. being honest with i have seen the lartc website and i have gone through
> its guides.
> i have created a router in ALIX but the traffic travels only from one wan
> connection.

Great.