upgrading from old version but missing bluetooth kernel modules

upgrading from old version but missing bluetooth kernel modules

erik.linder

Hi

I’m upgrading my ALIX board to 0.10.0. but I notice that some kernel options are not disabled by default. In particular those enabling to do serial comms over Bluetooth

more config-3.16.7-ckt9-voyage | grep _BT_

# CONFIG_BT_6LOWPAN is not set

# CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM is not set

# CONFIG_BT_BNEP is not set

# CONFIG_BT_CMTP is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HIDP is not set

CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUSB=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_H4=y

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_BCSP=y

# CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_ATH3K is not set

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_LL=y

# CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_3WIRE is not set

CONFIG_BT_HCIBCM203X=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIBPA10X=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIBFUSB=m

# CONFIG_BT_HCIDTL1 is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBT3C is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBLUECARD is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUART is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIVHCI is not set

# CONFIG_BT_MRVL is not set

# CONFIG_BT_ATH3K is not set

# CONFIG_TOSHIBA_BT_RFKILL is not set

more config-2.6.38-voyage | grep _BT_

CONFIG_BT_L2CAP=m

CONFIG_BT_SCO=m

CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM=m

CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM_TTY=y

CONFIG_BT_BNEP=m

# CONFIG_BT_BNEP_MC_FILTER is not set

# CONFIG_BT_BNEP_PROTO_FILTER is not set

# CONFIG_BT_CMTP is not set

CONFIG_BT_HIDP=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUSB=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_H4=y

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_BCSP=y

# CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_ATH3K is not set

CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_LL=y

CONFIG_BT_HCIBCM203X=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIBPA10X=m

CONFIG_BT_HCIBFUSB=m

# CONFIG_BT_HCIDTL1 is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBT3C is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBLUECARD is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUART is not set

# CONFIG_BT_HCIVHCI is not set

# CONFIG_BT_MRVL is not set

# CONFIG_BT_ATH3K is not set

# CONFIG_TOSHIBA_BT_RFKILL is not set

What is the easiest way to get RFCOMM support back into the kernel?

Cheers

erik