wifi client

tux john
hello everyone.
i do have a pcengines ALIX 2d13 with 3 ethernet ports.
  i would like to add a wifi dongle to connect to a remote router and be my gateway. also eth0 will have another network to communicate.
wifi:192.168.0.10/24 gw:192.168.0.1
eth0:192.168.2.48

Internet will be from wifi. could someone help me with the config please?

Re: wifi client

Henrik Kressner
On 18-05-2015 13:47, tux john wrote:
hello everyone.
i do have a pcengines ALIX 2d13 with 3 ethernet ports.
  i would like to add a wifi dongle to connect to a remote router and be my gateway. also eth0 will have another network to communicate.
wifi:192.168.0.10/24 gw:192.168.0.1
eth0:192.168.2.48

Internet will be from wifi. could someone help me with the config please?

Hi

I would suggest you start with a look in the file /etc/network/interfaces

Its the config file for network, and Voyage comes with some good eksample in that file.

The only hurdle I think you will get, is to find the right driver for your dongle, but some look on the net might help.

Yours Sincerly
Henrik

Re: wifi client

tux john
Thanks for the quick reply.
i got the dongle recognised from the system correctly.
may i have some help with the rest in the interfaces part, please?

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM
From: "Henrik Kressner" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] wifi client
On 18-05-2015 13:47, tux john wrote:
hello everyone.
i do have a pcengines ALIX 2d13 with 3 ethernet ports.
  i would like to add a wifi dongle to connect to a remote router and be my gateway. also eth0 will have another network to communicate.
wifi:192.168.0.10/24 gw:192.168.0.1
eth0:192.168.2.48

Internet will be from wifi. could someone help me with the config please?

Hi

I would suggest you start with a look in the file /etc/network/interfaces

Its the config file for network, and Voyage comes with some good eksample in that file.

The only hurdle I think you will get, is to find the right driver for your dongle, but some look on the net might help.

Yours Sincerly
Henrik
_______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [hidden email] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Re: wifi client

Henrik Kressner
On 18-05-2015 15:13, tux john wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.
i got the dongle recognised from the system correctly.
may i have some help with the rest in the interfaces part, please?

Take a look in the /etc/network/interfaces file, you see there are som example.

Just uncomment them one at the time, till it work, or there are no more wlan options to try.

If that does not work, mayby some other can help you, I cant.

But first try the script that are there.

In one of my systems, this work:

# mac80211-based drivers
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static